February 2, 2009 Blake and I were spending our "last night" as "just us" together. I was panic stricken as I could NOT imagine that life with a baby would be blissful and fun- and I just KNEW that Blake and I would no longer have the love we had for each other because everyone said that once you have a baby, your life (and marriage for that matter) would be "over"...by over I meant no excitement, no fun, etc.
February 3, 2009- 8:58am I hear the first cry of my baby boy entering the world- what a beautiful sound! (at least to us it was :) )
One month: Falling more in love every day...thinking how could I love any other stage more than this one:

Two Months: He smiled for the first time, and got to go to the church nursery for the first time! Also- got his first cold! Yuk!

Three Months: Really smiling now!! We are having SO much fun! He also laughed out loud this month, rolled over and went swimming for the first time!
Four Months: Starting to become a REALLY happy baby...his little personality is starting to come alive! His hands are ALWAYS in his mouth during this stage!
Five Months: Can life get any better than this stage? Barely starting to sit up...
Six Months: We had a six month birthday party where he got to try rice cereal for the first time!!! Sitting up on his own

Seven Months: He got his 1st two teeth!!!
Eight Months: Got to experience his first Halloween...he was a sock monkey!

Nine Months: Watch out...he is crawling!!!! He got his top two teeth and first hair cut...as you can see, he needed one!
Ten Months: He is starting to eat table food..i.e. not just baby food or mashed up table food...now that he has good teeth he can chew a lot!!He is also starting to learn how to walk! He also got to experience his first Christmas!
Eleven Months: Got his first molar! Whew! He is now a walking man!!
Twelve Months: Coming Soon.....
This baby boy changed my world and by change I mean for the better! My heart opened up to love another human being in a way that I NEVER imagined. I fell in love with my husband in a way that I never imagined and I began a life playing a new role that would be more fulfilling than anything I have ever done. The fear of my new life I had the night before Parker entered this world was all a myth...I can't imagine my life without Parker in it and I would never want to imagine it.
I love you, baby boy! Happy Birthday!
So so sweet. He's a cutie! Happy Birthday! Being a mommy is the most amazing blessing from God!! It also makes or breaks your marriage! God is so faithful as long as we seek Him with all our heart! I'm so glad that you are doing well.
ReplyDeleteI love the year at a glance. That is such a treasure. God makes everything good. You are a good mommy too. He has made you good. Looking forward to his big birthday party.
ReplyDeleteAs I was reading your post, I started to cry!! LOL!! What an amazing blog!! Your such a wonderful mommy!!
ReplyDelete