Yesterday, as I was visiting with long-time family friends one of the ladies made a comment to me. "These years (referring to Parker's age) go by a little slow, but as they start getting older it goes faster and faster....I wish I could get some of that time back, because I was too busy to notice all of the little moments". That really made an impact on my heart, because even though I cherish every single little moment, it is so easy to forget to do that on a bad day or a "grouchy" day and think that there is always tomorrow to cherish moments and tomorrow is forever away, but it's really not! I know that once little Beckham is here my life is going to speed up; my attention no longer can be given 100% to Parker. I can see that once my attention is divided it will be easy for me to lose little sweet moments while I am running in the fast lane of this new life. As I sit here typing this blog, I anticipate having to go get Parker out of his bed from his WAY too short of a nap-time. Before I started typing this, I heard him in his bed start to whine and it caught me off guard! "What??? What in the world is he doing up so early?!? I still need a little more ME time!". As I was walking to his room he quieted down and I thought...I need to stop, and come in here and type up a posting for my blog. Yes, today is a somewhat slow day, and yes, I am physically exhausted, but I now have 5-6 more hours to go spend loving on my little man and playing hard with him, before it's time for bed. These years are fleeting....there will be a time that Parker and his siblings go to school for 8 hours and I only get them on weekends and breakfast/dinner during the week and I will long for these days of spending so much time with him to come back!!
Well, he is definitely screaming now...but as I go in to get him, I have a new attitude...I am going to cherish my day and cherish watching him eat his little sandwich for lunch and go play in the sprinkler outside and I am going to cherish our alone time and the hugs and kisses I will get the rest of the day! Thank you God, for stopping me today, so that I could reflect on how beautiful of a day and beautiful of a life I have getting to be a mommy!
********************************
Now- as I come back to this blog posting- it's the end of the day and Parker is in bed sound asleep for the night...we had a beautiful afternoon, from him helping me wash my car, to playing in the water hose, to pool time, to holding hands on the car-ride back, to mac-n-cheese, to a bubble bath together as we watched Sponge Bob Square Pants on the TV in my bathroom, to reading books, and then snuggling as Parker fell into deep sleep- today could have been long and drudging, but when I stopped and re-evaluated and realized that today is what I make it- it turned into memory after memory that filled my heart with joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment