Put the following script in the head of your page: ============================================================

Monday, February 11, 2013

It's been a while!

Wow!  I just realized that it's been since December that I have last blogged!  Well, I think it's about time that I do an update on my precious boys...

Parker:
My little baby turned 4 on February 3rd.  4!  I can't believe that I have a 4 year old...next year I will have a 5 year old!!!  Ok, but not thinking about next year- I'm living today.  He is SO precious.  He just started Speech Therapy at a local elementary school twice a week.  It has been a rough start- as we still have separation anxiety, but I feel like we might be getting into a grove.  Luckily his teacher is super great and super patient with him. 
He is a fantastic big brother.  When P&B are together- all is well.  At church last Sunday, I let Beckham go into Parker's class so he could have a cake ball with Parker for his birthday.  All of their teachers went on and on about how much Parker comes out of his shell when he has Beckham with him...isn't that SO CUTE??  I love it.  They are sharing the top bunk of a bunk bed together as well.
I was struggling with his separation anxiety issues recently when a experienced mother friend of mine was telling me about how we rush kids out of their shell these days.  "Back in the day" in her country, kids didn't go to school till they were 7 or 8!  She encouraged me to hold him close to me...don't push too many "outings" on him to grow him up- he will grow up and be ready to leave me- just enjoy this time now and don't push it.  That was a great reminder to me.  Loving holding him close and pouring myself into him ;)
He is slowly starting to be more aware of right and wrong...he will catch me saying a word that he is not aloud to say ("heck" for those of you dying to know! ha!), and remind me that we are not aloud to say that.  I love it...I love that my little boy can hold me accountable and I love appreciating him for it.  I love reinforcing that mommy LOVES it when he remind me to be good.  :)  One step closer...one step closer to Parker knowing Jesus and loving him with ALL his heart...my greatest desire in life for my boys.
He still loves to be rocked and I still love rocking him.  ANYtime my Parker asks me to snuggle...I'M THERE!  

Beckham:
Oh my Boo.  He is absolutely the most precious little 2 year old.  How can one baby boy be SO PRECIOUS and SUCH A STINKER all in the same day!!??  ha!! 
He still has his brown "blanky" that he loves.  He talks a lot, but his articulation is terrible.  I have been working on his speech with the ipad lately, but I totally plan on putting him in the elementary school when he turns 3 like Parker for free speech therapy!!  (obviously they evaluate them and they have to meet their "need" requirements first :)).
My boo bear LOVES to snuggle!  If I ask him to snuggle and he tells me no, all I have to do is think about asking Parker to snuggle and Beckham comes running to steel my lap!!!  haha, he's so cute.
He LOVES to ride bikes.  He's so good at it too!  He's rides his little trikes and rocks the town on them!

Ok, I must be off, I am falling asleep!  I will come add more once I'm awake and alert!  The main point is I still just adore my babies...no matter what, they hold my heart in such a beautiful way!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment