This morning, while spending time with my God, I began to pray for opportunities to instill a passion for God's word in my childrens' hearts and minds. With a 2 year old, I wasn't quite sure how I would do this, but I just needed to trust that God would create divine appointments for just that. I continued on with my Bible study, and in this book I am studying it talked about how one of the greatest gifts you can give your children is your time...undivided...all to themselves! So, I began my day....
Parker and I were having a fun time jumping on my bed, playing, laughing, enjoying life. When it happened...Parker pointed at Blake's Bible and said "Bible??". I said "yes, that's a Bible...that is God's word"...and then from there we spent about 20 minutes talking about God, and Jesus and the Bible. We prayed and talked some more. It was amazing....absolutely AMAZING!!! I had a little devotional with my 2 year old! God spoke to me at that point. If I had not given my child my time- undivided and intentional- I would have missed one of the most beautiful moments to instill God's word in my child. I would have missed a divine appointment with a little boy that I love more than anything in this world. I also realized that I don't have to "know" what to do to raise a godly man...all I have to do is pray and God will raise up these moments and they will be easy and beautiful- but I must make sure to give him my time, my attention and my all during the day!
PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!
In Dee Forrest****** I am a mommy to four wonderful little boys. I love my role and want to remember every little detail of the days that I get to spend with them as a stay-at-home mommy. I am a homeschooling momma with a husband who is working full time along with full time seminary. This blog is to help me work through the daily, but mainly, it's to help me remember precious little moments that I never want to forget and cherish forever!
Put the following script in the head of your page:
============================================================
Wow, wow, wow. So, so beautiful. I think feel like repeating everything reflects how much I love this post!! lol. I'm so incredibly blessed to have a bff that is going before me in motherhood. LOVE these snipits of your journey!!! Praising Him with you :)
ReplyDelete