In Dee Forrest****** I am a mommy to four wonderful little boys. I love my role and want to remember every little detail of the days that I get to spend with them as a stay-at-home mommy. I am a homeschooling momma with a husband who is working full time along with full time seminary. This blog is to help me work through the daily, but mainly, it's to help me remember precious little moments that I never want to forget and cherish forever!
Put the following script in the head of your page:
============================================================
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Going to bed...
Tonight during our bedtime routine, I was finished reading books to Parker- so I asked him my usual questions..."do you want mommy to rock you?" and he said "ya...mommy rock"- so that is what we did. After we prayed, I said, "give mommy kisses"- well, he is in a phase where he will cover his mouth up with his hands...so I pulled his hands away and gave him a big kiss-a-roo! He thought that was HILARIOUS...so we did that over and over again and he laughed SO HARD that he got the hickups. I am not kidding...it was the BEST! Then, when I think it can't get any better- I asked him if he wanted me to sing to him...he said yes, so I asked him what he wanted me to sing and in his own little language he said "I'll love you forever"....my FAVORITE song...so as I started to sing it, he sang it with me...heaven!! Then I said, "sing to mommy I"ll love you forever"...and so he started singing it...given...I couldn't understand all the words, but oh how sweet it was to hear my sweet 2 year old....hanging on to my neck while I rocked him...singing to me "I'll love you forever". Then as I tucked him into bed, he asked me to lay next to him...so I did, and then when it was time for me to leave, I got face to face and whispered "love you" and he whispered back "love you" and I whispered "night night" and he whispered "night night". Every part of tonight was so special and filled my cup to the brim. When I shut Parker's door tonight, I put my hand to my chest and took a sigh....a sigh of utter bliss......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment