As I am getting ready for bed, I usually glance at the video monitor that is mounted in Parker's room. I see him so peacefully sleeping and my heart just overflows. It overflows with joy and gratefulness that I am in the "drudges" of child raising. This is probably the hardest time for a mother physically...the years where PHYSICALLY we carry our children and PHYSICALLY we take care of them along with the emotional side of making sure we are teaching, teaching, correcting, correcting, training, training this blank slate into a godly man of God. A lot of times in this stage of child raising, mothers wish their children would hurry up and grow up so that it's not-so-hard anymore. However, what ends up happening is we wish away and LOSE some of the most precious, wonderful, sweet, HAPPY times in our lives. The time in our life where our children truly think we do know everything. The time in our life where we are super exciting even when we know we really are not! The time in our life when all these precious children want is to be with and play with and snuggle with their mommies and daddies. The time in our life when hugs and kisses and "I love you's" are welcomed with sweet giggles and glowing faces. The time in our life when no matter how stupid we may look, our children think we are hilariously funny. The time in our life that brings some of the most beautiful joy to a parent's heart.
The other day I was thinking about my stage in life- I was thinking about it as if it had already passed and I was looking back on it. It made me fall to my knees in gratefulness that it has not already passed- that I am still smack dab in the middle of it....loving these little innocent baby boys that bring so much overflowing joy to my life.
The other day I was giving Parker horsey rides on my back and in order to avoid falling off he wrapped his arms tightly around my neck...then he said "I love you, mommy". Just writing this makes tears well up in my eyes. How could we wish these moments away? How could we not respond to our babies asking us to "play with me, mommy!!"? How could our hearts not overflow with joy when these precious children want to be around us and love just "being" with us. It's heaven! I love my boys so so so much....God, you blessed me with them...they are a gift straight from you-and I am so so grateful!!
No comments:
Post a Comment