Put the following script in the head of your page: ============================================================

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Grammy Day in the sun!

Today was such a blast. Every Thursday is "Grammy Day"- where Blake's mom comes to see Parker and spend time with us. Today- we went to see Grammy at her house on Tiki Island. We decided because it was clear, beautiful, 90 degree weather that we should make a trip to the beach. So we loaded the car up, ran and grabbed a burger and then found the perfect spot on the beach.
Well, I realized that I need to take Parker to the beach and the pool a lot more because he was not a fan AT ALL! He hated everything- the sand, the water, the wind....everything! He did have moments where he would accompany me in digging in the dirt and playing- but they weren't long. However, I LOVED it and we are going again next Thursday. I think that Parker needs more sensory variety in his life- I need to give him opportunity after opportunity to experience life outside of our comfortable little shell of house, park, driveway- house, park, driveway.
On our way back from Tiki- Parker was in his car seat in the back and I was driving- I would reach back and tickle him to get those life giving giggles and at one point he caught my hand. I realized how special of a moment this was. I was driving down the road (obviously with my eyes glued to the road) holding my little man's hand....we were holding hands!! My heart was filled with pure joy.
So much of my days at home with my booger bear are just average days, average activities, yet extraordinary moments such as when I am washing dishes while he is running around and he runs up to me- wraps his arms around my legs and hugs me so tight for 3 full seconds and then lets go to run off to another adventure. I MUST love and STOP my world to cherish that hug as I will never know when it is the last time he will run up to me and hug my legs. To get the opportunity to experience life with my baby- to do what he loves and to love what he does- to let him experience life with me to make memories with me, (and of course with daddy too when we are lucky enough to have him home from conquering the world for us) someone who loves him with her whole heart. To teach him words and life lessons- to see him as a dry sponge soaking every word in and ever ACTION in....God- thank you....thank you for my job as a mommy and as a wife to the two most wonderful men in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment