Put the following script in the head of your page: ============================================================

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The looney house...

"Mom, Beckham is driving me CRAZZZZYYY!!!! I think I am going to have to check myself into the looney house". This is the conversation I had with my mom last night. My sweet Beckham...who has stolen my heart...is driving me CRAZY!!! As I sit here typing this I am laughing- because here is a baby that I can't help but to squeal with delight when I see him....and yet I squeal with delight when I put HIM TO BED! LOL....oh that stinky boy. I cannot go from a sitting position to a standing position without him freaking out and crawling over to my legs crying - and holding on to my legs so tight that I can't go anywhere without picking him up! haha, oh this boy. As long as I am sitting with him and either playing with him or watching him play he is happy as a CLAM and CUUUUTE CUUUUUTE CUTE, but if you cross him by leaving a room without him in on the action....whoa doggies....there is a different side of him! ha! Anyways, my mom and I are talking and she is telling me about one of my cousins who has 4 kids...4!!!....and her youngest (whose name is Beckham too by-the-way!!!) is 2 and she has to hold him all of the time too. I suddenly realized...hmmm...this is just life with kids. I need to stop whining about my little high maintenance baby- because I have 2 kids...she has 4!!!! This is just a phase...he will not scream like this forever....he will not need to be held forever....and I need to remember that when I look back on being a mom- I am really only going to remember those precious smiles, and laughs and snuggly times I have with him and not the constant crying and neediness of him. As FRUSTRATED as I get- when I force myself to sit and think about it, it really is precious that he just wants me...and it really does soften my heart that I am his place of comfort!!!! How endearing is THAT?!?! I....his mommy....am where he wants to be....in my arms is his place that he calls home and that really does make me look at it differently. Then this morning I was doing Bible study and over and over again I just kept being brought back to how "giving thanks" is God's prescription for so much in this world. When I am at my looney level with Beckham- I need to stop and give thanks....give thanks that I have two healthy boys...I have a home to sleep in and be comfortable in...I have A GOD that I can trust my life to....and the list gets longer and longer and eventually I can't help but PRAISE GOD and not feel any frustration with anything!!!

Anyways- I adore my boo bear so so much. I would give my life for him- he is my little sunshine....but sometimes....a LOT of times....he makes me CRAAAAAZY....but now, I have a plan...I have the key to let myself out of the looney house and lock it up for life. I am going to be thankful...thankful for anything and everything I can think of- and I am going to trust that this is just a season....I will survive!!! (totally have that song in my head now!)

Love you Boo Bear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment