Put the following script in the head of your page: ============================================================

Monday, January 31, 2011

Boo Bear and Booger Bear

So- what are my Boo Bear and Booger Bear up to these days?

Boo Bear (Beckham, almost 4 months old) is a completely different baby. He is HAPPY and calm- he is chilled out and pretty much goes with the flow and he FINALLY takes a pacifier!!!! Yay!!!! He totally does not mind his car seat (miracle!!) and he smiles ALL of the time- if he is awake and you are talking to him, he has a full blown open mouth cheesy smile and let me tell you....it is the greatest most wonderful feeling!!! I cannot get enough of my sweet Boo and he is so much fun to have! He sleeps anywhere from 8-11 hours straight and he goes down typically at 7pm. I truly cannot imagine my life without my sweet, precious Boo!!!!

Ok- so now to my sweet Booger Bear (Parker, will be 2 on THURSDAY). Parker is really starting to become such a funny, goofy, PRECIOUSLY wonderful little boy!!! Some of my favorite things about him:

He has such a loving spirit and takes such good care of his stuffed animals- namely his elephants. We must feed them when Parker is eating, give them juice or milk with Parker is drinking, brush their teeth after Parker brushes his (and elephant must lay in between my legs on his back just like Parker does to get his teeth brushed), change their diaper when mommy is changing Beckham's diaper, and of course make sure they take their nap in Beckham swing (in motion). Once they fall asleep- Parker will hold his finger to his mouth and "shh" me because they are asleep. It is SOOO hilarious, and SOOO sweet...Parker is sooo loving and caring even to his stuffed animals!!!

He is really starting to talk now too. My FAVORITE word he now says is "Mommy" of course! We have finally transitioned from "ma ma, da da" to "mommy" and "daddy" and boy does it make my heart SOAR!!!!! I love it more than I imagined!

I also love how he loves "ready-set-GO!". All that I have to say is "reeeadddyyy (at this point he squats down into position).....SET...GOOOOOO!!!!" and he takes off in a full sprint around the house or wherever we are!

Today- we spent quite a bit of time at the park and we had the BEST time. A picnic at the little table, then sliding, swinging, throwing leaves in the air, throwing rocks into the fountain, pointing at the school buses coming by....everything was exciting and fun! I love getting to be a kid again...I love how everything can be a big deal and how we can get "open mouth" excited about the littlest things like how fun it is to throw leaves in the air!! I love making my little boy's world exciting and adventuresome! I love making huge deals out of the ordinary!

So how is this new mommy of two doing? Wow, I am LOVING life. The funny thing I have now realized is that the time of day that I used to dread most when Beckham was BRAND new...evenings...bath time, getting both children down, nursing the whole time, fussy baby, etc.....has now turned into my absolute FAVORITE time of day! A lot of nights I am getting the boys ready for bed by myself- and ya know...it's wonderful! We take bubble baths together in my big tub- we laugh and play- we snuggle on the couch- we rock in the glider, snuggling- it's just a quiet, peaceful time of me and my boys loving on each other. It's pretty fantastic- and then the nights that our daddy joins us it gets even better....because daddy makes life exciting and fun! I love the nights that I am nursing Beckham before bed, in the dark and Parker is in there with me- just talking to me, and hanging out with me. Wow...what a wonderful feeling.

Thursday, my little Parkerman will be 2...so much reflecting I will be doing this week. This week will be such a great reminder for me to truly be aware that time flies by and truly be aware of my days and not wish them away even the slow, boring days....because each day is special and each day is time I get with my children. I am not promised tomorrow- so I don't want to spend my time thinking about tomorrow- I just want to love today!!!

1 comment: