Put the following script in the head of your page: ============================================================

Monday, June 10, 2013

It sold.....IT SOLD!!!

So, today is Tuesday, May 7th.  On Wednesday, May 1st we listed the house.  That evening we had our first showing and that night we received word that once the wife saw it on Friday, May 3rd, they would be putting in an offer of "asking price but with $5,000 for their closing costs".  Blake and I looked at each other with a look of "mmmm...I don't think so".  Well, Friday comes along and we got our house beautifully cleaned and we moved to my in-laws for the weekend so that our house would STAY clean for showings.  That couple came back and sure enough an offer comes across the table for "asking price with $2500 for their closing costs".  They already talked themselves down $2500.  Interesting!  So, our realtor sent over a statement showing all of the fees we would have to pay and what our final take home would be with that offer.  Blake and I almost fell over.  We did not realize that realtor fees along with taxes and then now the $2500 for closing would just eat away our profit!!  SO, we knew right away we would not be taking that offer...we needed asking price...PERIOD!  Our realtor was a little stunned that we wouldn't take this fantastic offer and apparently the buyers were too, but Blake and I decided that on Monday, May 6th, we would decide what to do...we would be silent and wait out the weekend.  Our realtor then told us that was such a risky move as the buyers told him they were so ready to buy and they were going out on Saturday to find a house and were prepared to make an offer on another house.  "You might lose this offer"!  Well, immediately fear crept in my mind..."are we being greedy???", "is this stupid???"..."this really is a great offer".  But as Blake and I talked $2500 would pay for one whole semester of seminary...we needed every bit of help to pay for his degree.  Blake was confident, so I just rested in his lead.

On Saturday, May 4th, I was driving home to check on the house...continuing to pray pray pray over Blake's wisdom, and the house sell and the buyers, and I just started getting overwhelmed with this whole process.  Then, the Holy Spirit moved...."The Lord will fight for you, all you must do is be silent" (Exodus 14:14)...all I must do is BE SILENT.  Well, that is exactly what HE, MY GOD, did.  Blake and I were silent all weekend- then on Monday, May 6th, we countered back with full price- no closing costs.  They accepted!  June 14th is our closing date.  Wow, there it is.  Less than a week, we quietly let God work out all of the details...to GOD be the glory, GREAT things HE has done!

No comments:

Post a Comment